Sunday, January 18, 2009

1st Weekend

Hi everyone, I'm nearing the end of my first weekend here… everything is good, I'm getting over jet lag now… Tomorrow will start my first full week of work, so I'm excited about that. I wanted to post video/pictures of my house but I'm having some camera issues… once I get that worked out I’ll put them up.

It’s been great getting to know my housemates Sarai, Theavy, and her little son Sokuun. Sarai is one of the women in the Sak Saum program. She has blossomed since coming to Sak Saum; you can see God working in her from the inside out She doesn’t speak English and uneducated and yet so talented! That’s really what In His Steps is all about, recognizing the value in people, helping them grow in their talents and relationship with God.

Theavy is a beautiful person who has had some very hard times, but in having some conversations with her it is obvious that she trusts in God. And her 2 year-old son is literally a miracle child (Theavy could not have children for 7 years, until she was prayed for… and now she has Sokuun… his name means “gift from God”).

Sokuun is great, he’s a very energetic little kid and very fun to play with… I'm have a great time chasing him around the house and playing hide-and-seek with him. I just taught him how to “high-five”, so he does that a lot. ☺

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know if you have any questions feel free to ask in the comments; I do read them! Hope you all have a great rest of your weekend!

~Emily

2 comments: